Happy Friday! As promised in Monday’s post, here are a few of the goodies I scoffed on Wednesday while visiting my fabulous brother and sister-in-law’s annual 4th-of-July party.
- BAKED BEANS!! Mr. 50by60 and I don’t have beans a lot. I won’t go into too much detail about why. Still, every once in a while, they’re a treat. To a point.
- HOT DOGS!! My traditional holiday indulgence, grilled to perfection and with LOTS of ketchup on my hot dogs. Yeah, I’m one of those!
- POTATO SALAD!! Not normally one of my favorites, even on holidays, but someone brought in a tub of Reser’s Potato Salad, and I have to admit, it was goooood!!
- POTSTICKERS WITH SOY SAUCE!! Mmmmore please!!
and of COURSE:
- CAKE!! See, the 4th of July is also our niece Kate’s birthday. And this year, she turned 18. So OF COURSE we had birthday cake! Not just any ol’ cake, though — ice cream cake. And not just ONE ice cream cake, but THREE (at least — I lost count after the the third). Happy birthday, Kate!
And yes, I did have a teensy little weight gain the day after, which I’m still coming down from. Oh well, there’s more to life than your diet, right? Every once in a while you just gotta cut loose and enjoy yourself. Right?
See you on Monday, when we’ll find out just how much damage that delicious feast did!