Created by my mom, Irene, who claims my brother Mike used to LOVE it when we were kids. (Of course, he moved out of the house at an early age … but I’m sure it had nothing to do with this!)
- One can spam (gently wedge out and drain liquid)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- One – 8 oz. can of tomato sauce (or catsup)
- ½ tsp. oregano
- Dash garlic seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put loaf in pie pan (or other similar pan).
- Cut almost through (not all the way) into 5 equal slices and fill with cheese between slices.
- Mix rest of ingredients together and pour over top.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Makes 2 to 3 servings.
(Oh, and try to serve it hot, if possible. I don’t know about you, but the idea of cold leftover Spam loaf does NOTHING for me!)