Hmm, just realized it’s been quite a while since I’ve tried to find five random things and connect them in some way. Let’s see if I still have the knack!
- Non-scale victory — Tried on and BOUGHT three new shirts at Ross yesterday, and two “gently used” shirts from Goodwill — and they were all MEDIUMS and LARGES, y’all!!! Not an “X” in the batch! It’s been years (decades?) since I even thought about looking at any non-X labels, but this week I decided to give it a shot. Plus I even had to buy a coupla new over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders! Yeah, my body is definitely changing, even if the scales aren’t!
- Non-scale irritation — So losing weight is great, right? I’m really happy about it. What I’m not happy about is I definitely have the “loose skin” thing going on. Which I didn’t really notice till I started trying on all those clothes (see #1) and got a good look at myself in one of those unforgiving dressing room mirrors. Oh well — at least the clothes cover it up (mostly)!
- Helpful Trainer Award of the Week — in the neverending (in my mind, anyway) battle between 24 Hour Fitness and Anytime Fitness Chatsworth, this week’s winner is NATHAN at Anytime Fitness, who showed me some basic kettlebell moves and didn’t try to upsell me on a super-expensive training package just for asking for help (24 Hour Fitness, I’m lookin’ at you). Thanks, Nathan — and as promised, here’s your shout-out!
And guess what? I can’t for the life of me think of two other things, and I have to do a coupla things this morning, so many apologies to those of you who were laying awake dreaming about the Friday Five — that’s the way the cookie crumbles!
On that note, have a great weekend! See you Monday for the big weigh-in (this could be it, folks!!)!
Hmm…let’s see: last week’s weight was 191.4*****. What’s this week’s weight, you ask? Well, lemme tell ya:
No less, no more!
Yup, still hanging’ around the ol’ Plateau Point bus stop! Still, I’m not discouraged. In my daily weigh-ins during the past week, I was heartened when the numbers actually dipped slightly below 190, for a few brief moments! And I know I’m moving in the right direction — downwards!
And there are some NON-scale victories to report – like for example, my waist and hip measurements have both gone down enough that I’ve actually been buying clothes in slightly smaller sizes — in fact, last week I bought two T-shirts in “Large,” with no “X” in sight!!!
Damn right! and I’m actually feelin’ pretty good about that, so if it means I have to hang around Plateau Point for a while longer — well, at least I’ll be well-dressed while I’m there!
Hope YOU have a great week — see you Friday!
****IMPORTANT UPDATE, post-cofveve****
As I’ve often pointed out, math is not my forte! Someone pointed out to me that last week’s weight was actually 192.0 — which means I DID lose a little bit — 0.6 pounds, to be exact! So, still at Plateau Point, but a little bit closer to the bus!
Happy Monday, everyone! Well, as you can see from today’s weigh-in…
…I’m still hanging out at Plateau Point, waiting for the “whoosh!” effect to kick me off.
What’s the “whoosh!” effect, you ask? Well, see, during the past few days, I
consulted with reputable nutritionists and did in-depth research at a medical library Googled “weight loss plateau” and found this fascinating theory:
The basic theory: as you lose fat, the fat cells don’t just disappear — they fill up with water, which hangs around for a little while before “whooshing” on its merry way.
Which seems like as good an explanation as any for why I’m currently stuck in the ’90s.
Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing — I loved the ’90s! In fact, it’s the decade I’d love to revisit first when/if they ever get that time travel machine perfected.
But for now, I guess I’ll just have to be content here in good ol’ 2018! Meanwhile, I’m just gonna continue doing what I’ve been doing — countin’ my calories, goin’ to the gym, and enjoyin’ life in the good ol’ days of 2018!
Hope you have a great week, everyone — see you Friday!
Happy Friday! As promised in Monday’s post, here are a few of the goodies I scoffed on Wednesday while visiting my fabulous brother and sister-in-law’s annual 4th-of-July party.
- BAKED BEANS!! Mr. 50by60 and I don’t have beans a lot. I won’t go into too much detail about why. Still, every once in a while, they’re a treat. To a point.
- HOT DOGS!! My traditional holiday indulgence, grilled to perfection and with LOTS of ketchup on my hot dogs. Yeah, I’m one of those!
- POTATO SALAD!! Not normally one of my favorites, even on holidays, but someone brought in a tub of Reser’s Potato Salad, and I have to admit, it was goooood!!
- POTSTICKERS WITH SOY SAUCE!! Mmmmore please!!
and of COURSE:
- CAKE!! See, the 4th of July is also our niece Kate’s birthday. And this year, she turned 18. So OF COURSE we had birthday cake! Not just any ol’ cake, though — ice cream cake. And not just ONE ice cream cake, but THREE (at least — I lost count after the the third). Happy birthday, Kate!
And yes, I did have a teensy little weight gain the day after, which I’m still coming down from. Oh well, there’s more to life than your diet, right? Every once in a while you just gotta cut loose and enjoy yourself. Right?
See you on Monday, when we’ll find out just how much damage that delicious feast did!
Hey, happy Monday! Looks like a great week for all us patriots (and those who enjoy short work weeks, heh heh!). Starting yesterday, we had:
And of course, later this week it’s our turn, down here in the Lower 48:
So whichever part of the Northern American continent* you’re reading this from, enjoy your special day!
Anyway, let’s get down to business, shall we? Here’s the Weekly Weigh-In:
Whew! Well, I’m still stuck in the ’90s, but at least it’s heading back in the right direction! See you Friday, when I’ll tell you about all the yummy stuff I got to eat on the Fourth of July!
(*Lo siento, Mexico, pero su Dia de la Independencia es el 16 de Septiembre!)
Well, hey, everyone! If you were waiting on pins and needles for Friday’s post, I apologize. However, I had a VERY good reason:
Actually, I didn’t forget as much as I just couldn’t think of anything to say. Plus, I went to a really purty place where I spent the day in quiet meditation ‘n stuff.
St. Andrew’s Abbey, Valyermo, CA
So anyway, sorry if you were disappointed, but better late than never, right? Anyway, hope your weekend’s going well! See you Monday for the weigh-in!
OK, ready for this? Let’s go!
So, up exactly one pound from last week. Not too bad! Honestly, I was expecting worse. I did my best to follow through on my pledge to take a diet break, indulging in things like NON-diet soda, like classic Moxie:
farm-fresh eggs fried in REAL BUTTER:
and my all-time favorite breakfast, country-fried steak in gravy:
So all things considered, one pound up ain’t too shabby!
And I know it’s only temporary. Follower tidingsofcomfortandjoy said it very well in her comment on Friday’s post:
I was eating at maintenance calories for awhile, but felt my control over what I was eating slipping a bit, so I went back to eating at a calorie deficit.
Yeah, I’m almost at that point! It’s kinda tricky, once you get into the “diet all the time” mindset, to let yourself take any kind of a break, isn’t it? Almost like you have to reprogram your brain or something!
Yeah, I know how you feel, but a little cofveve should help. See you Friday, everyone — have a great week!