- Hey, everyone! Like most of you, Mr. 50by60 and I had a short work week, since Monday was a big holiday here in the Lower 48. (You know, Labor Day — aka my birthday?) Which means Tuesday was your Monday, right? So Tuesday’s Monday, Wednesday’s Tuesday, Thursday’s Wednesday, and ipso facto ergo sum, today’s really Thursday and I’m a day early! What a great week!
- And I actually did get something useful done this week — as mentioned in my previous post, I created a brand new page here at WordPress, Women Who Run With the Stooges! Which, technically, isn’t “new” because I originally created it in 1999. Yes, kids, we actually had computers in the PREVIOUS CENTURY!
And this was one of the many websites (or as we called them in the olden days, “websites”) I created back then, but the only one anyone but myself actually read. And it was really getting kind of sad, seeing it dying a slow painful death over at Angelfire (ick!), so now it’s here and safe and (theoretically) better than ever! (If nothing else, it’s forced me to relearn HTML coding, nyuk nyuk!)
- Yesterday I had a fun time: went to the dentist for a cleaning. Not just a regular cleaning, though — a DEEP CLEANING! And they had to give me Novocaine & everything ’cause I’m so sensitive. Somehow, some of the Novocaine actually got in/near my right eye, and my eyelid felt like it was stuck for most of the day. I had to force myself to blink so it wouldn’t water all over the place. It’s better this morning, thank goodness. Don’t you love going to the dentist?
- Earlier in the week (pre-numb-eyeball), I went to Anytime Fitness Chatsworth where I mentioned to Kaily that I’d reached my weight loss goal (50 pounds by age 60, aka the name of this blog!) last week. She congratulated me and did a little video interview with me right on the spot. My plan was to post the video here, then send them the link to this post to put on their Facebook page. However, as of this morning, I still don’t see it anywhere, so I’ll just post this charming spacesaver till I get it.
- Whew…it’s tough to come up with five things, much less five things that have anything whatsoever in common.
That’s it! Time to carpe the diem and make some toast or something! Have a great day and weekend, everyone — see you Monday!