Welp, another Friday, another round of finding reasons not to write my blog post today. Still, I gotta write SOMETHING, if only to keep all my rich foreign investors happy. So here goes, my five lame excuses for putting off my blog today!
- The weather. Most of the week, it’s been pouring down rain out here in beautiful, sunny Southern California. This morning, the clouds are receding and the sun is shining. So how in the world am I supposed to write anything??
- My health. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been coughing and hacking and wheezing my way through my annual Bout O’Bronchitis. This morning, I’m still coughing a bit, but I feel a little better. So how in the world am I supposed to write anything??
- The stock market. I currently own eight stocks, and several of them went down this week. They’re starting to go back up now. But honestly, given all that volatility, how in the world am I supposed to write anything??
- Family problems. After months of blissful ignorance (whether willful or accidental, I can’t say), a couple of my blood relatives actually managed to stumble across this very blog you’re reading right now. Given that, how in the world am I supposed to write anything??
- Fear of commitment. Earlier this week, I signed up for a free basic membership in an online writing class, where I made a commitment to write at least one blog post this week, on a day OTHER than Monday or Friday, that was completely free of memes and images. I completely failed to do that. Given that failure, how in the world am I supposed to write anything??
So, as you can see, I’ve got some pretty plausible reasons for not writing a “Friday Five” this week! Still, as Homer Simpson once opined, “Hope springs internal!”, so perhaps NEXT week, we’ll get back to normal.(But then again, given the fact that I DID actually make it through this post with only one image — EXACTLY as promised in item #5 — how in the world am I supposed to write anything ELSE??)