- It’s Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday! – First and of course most important, happy Friday to all of you! Hope your week has gone well, and that least one of you has won tons of $$ in the lottery so you can take the rest of us out for drinks later. No? Oh well … there’s always next week, right? Keep buyin’ the tickets! KEEP BUYIN’ THE TICKETS!!
- Blogging – I’d like to pass along some important info re: the fair use of images. If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’ve probably noticed I use a lot of memes, funny pictures, etc. to illustrate various points I’m making. Well, it came to my attention earlier this week via this troubling article that this is kind of a BIG no-no. So from this point on, I’m going to try to use more of my own photos, artwork, and images, rather than rely on other people’s (or at least make 100% sure they’re available to reuse without a license or permission or anything of a legal nature). Who knows – I might even use more of my OWN WORDS! Literacy – what a concept, amiright?
- Clothes shopping – some people love it, some people hate it. I tend to fall into the latter group. I used to think it was because nothing ever fit me due to my size. However, yesterday I went to a “Ross” in Simi Valley, and tried on at least 10 different tops and dresses. Well, guess what? They ALL fit – and they all looked CRAPPY! I finally wound up buying a pair of leggings that both fit AND didn’t look hideous. But frankly, I coulda done that online. Although that doesn’t always work out either. Maybe it’s time to rejoin that nudist colony …
- Bronchitis – I’ve had chronic bronchitis for years, and it tends to flare up when the weather gets damp. Well, we’ve had an unusual amount of rain here in Southern California over the past couple of weeks (more than three drops is “unusual” here), and more on the way. So not only do we get to wake up to the beautiful, gentle sound of raindrops falling on the roof, we also get to hear a lot of this: HAACCKK wheeze wheeze cough cough couuugghhh (spittoo). Rinse and repeat. Summer can’t get here soon enough for me … warm, dry, hot summer … mmm …
- Exercising with Bronchitis – One of the many downsides of #4 (along with the rising cost of Kleenex) is that when my bronchitis is active, my body isn’t supposed to be. Which means all those long, lovely walks I’ve been enjoying so much over the past few months are verboten. Which is really triggering some conflicting feelings in me. I love the walks, and I really want to do more. However, I also love BREATHING, and I’d like to do more of that, too. So (sigh!) I’ve decided to compromise. I’ll walk, but only indoors, preferably strolling down the aisles of a bookstore or library.
That’s it, folks, your Friday Five! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
(unused Pingback of the Day: Wrinkle!)