Today’s Friday Five is basically just a bunch of random thoughts, in which I’ve subtly incorporated miscellaneous WordPress Daily Prompts from the past week or so, because why not?
- When your body releases weight, where exactly does it go? I assume a lot of it goes here:
But as Rhoda on the old “Mary Tyler Moore Show” once speculated, maybe some of it just kind of floats around in the air, waiting for us to succumb to the allure of that giant chocolate donut.
- I can’t express how grateful I am that you’re reading this blog! Not that it takes much bravery to read a blog. I mean, basically you just have to bookmark it, and/or follow whatever prompt it was that led you here. So it’s not super-risky or anything. Basically, you’re just moving a finger or two. Still, at this time of the morning, even moving a finger can be difficult. It’s nice of you to do it, and your loyalty is much appreciated. Thanks!
(All right, ENOUGH!! Someone’s gonna get hurt!)
- Hey, next week I’m going on a trip! Yes, I’m throwing some old clothes into my old clunker car and driving across the desert to beautiful, shopping-mall-infested Phoenix, Arizona! Should be fun, huh? Well, we’ll see. It’ll be my first opportunity to “road-test” my calorie-counting diet, so I’ll keep you posted if any interesting challenges pop up along the way.
- The biggest challenge I had this past week wasn’t the diet, but the exercise. Every day, I planned to go out and do a walk, or lift some weights. And every day, I found an excuse to succumb (sorry!) to the allure of a good book and/or a comfy chair. Still, the nice thing about doing diet AND exercise is that if you slack off on one, you’ve still got the other, to keep you balanced.
- I’m debating whether to take the old Weight Watchers scales with me on my trip. Most hotels don’t put scales in their bathrooms (their insurance probably won’t cover the damage from enraged road-food munchers), so it’d make it a little easier for me to weigh myself daily, as I’ve been doing.Or I could just go rogue — wait till I get home, and do a one-off once-a-week-just-for-this-week-only weigh-in. I’ll probably make the decision at the last possible second, based solely on whether or not I remember to actually take the scales with me, or just drop them in the desert somewhere on the way.
That’s it – thanks, everyone! See you on the other side of the weekend!